Monday 4 May 2009

Nanny D

As you will know from a previous post I lost my Granddad a few weeks ago and I have sadly now also lost my Nan. My Nan passed away a couple of days after Granddad's funeral, she had been poorly for some time so whilst it was not a complete shock it is still terribly sad.

My Nan was such a great character and I have such great memories from spending lots of time with her when I was a little girl. My favourite memories are from the holidays we use to take in Lanzarote, I remember me and Julie being embarrassed as Mum and Nan would always sunbathe topless! But being even more amused when she would have a dip in the sea with her incredible floating boobs!

She also use to make the best pickled onions - boxing day dinners will never be the same without them.

I take a lot of comfort in the fact that whilst we may not be able to see my Nan she is re-united with my Granddad who she had loved dearly for so many wonderful years - something they were very blessed to have.

God bless Nan and give Granddad a kiss from me x x

No comments: