Sunday 2 March 2008

Mothers day

I spent the weekend in Nottingham, which is where I'm originally from and where my sister Jane lives. I travelled up there friday evening with my sister Chris who had come to visit. The journey went well until we hit the M1 and everything ground to a halt. The last part of the journey that should have taken 20 minutes, then took 2 hours. Lovely!

I drove back home to Maidenhead on sunday morning, ready for mother's day.
My mum passed away 2 years ago, but there's still no escaping buying cards and presents, as my wife will be expecting them from the kids. I got my little two yoer old to "sign his name" on a card and then he took the card and present through to his mum. He insisted on opening the present and also claimed it for himself.

Had a good weekend and last week was pretty good too. I felt pretty normal!

No comments: