Grrr! I'm not patient any more (although I am a patient, boom boom, puntastico!). The doc has been to see me and checked everything off the list: no puking, no fever, temperature under 38 for 24 hours, looking well, not dizzy, weight ok, etc, so-on-and-so-forth.
The question was then raised again, "so, can I go then?"
She froze a moment. Did a quick computation. Not sure what it was.
She said, "Possibly".
How bloody useful is that? Still, if Hitler thought that way the 20th century may have been different:
"Fuhrer, shall we invade Poland?"
"Hmmm, possibly"
Many lives may have been saved and the Charlie Chaplin look-a-like may have lived a few more years preaching his own brand of hate filled rubbish.
Anyway, short dictators aside, she then said that she would need to run it by the consultant and get the go/no go decision. Just to make sure this didn't go on all day, I ask when she could do that and let me know and she said in 30 minutes. That was 2 hours ago. I may restart digging my tunnel (code name Charlie, after tunnel Alfie was discovered by guards and after tunnel Blinky collapsed).
The wait goes on. The trouble is, it could put my temperature up and result in me not being allowed to go!

