Wednesday 12 March 2014

Run With Me (not literally…… but heres how you can help…..)

So they say to estimate the time it will take you to run a Marathon you should double your half Marathon time and add 30 mins.  This means I am looking at circa 4.5 hours of running, which is pretty daunting.

Whether I am out on my Sunday long run, shorter recovery run or getting in some threshold training I always have my iPod plugged in.  Not only can the music be a nice distraction but it also helps me keep my pace up.  Here are some of my all time favs for running:-

Waiting All Night - Rudimental
Not Giving In - Rudimental (I think I will try and time this one to play when I am at the 20 mile mark!)
Alice - Chase & Status
Control - Matrix & Futurebound
Happy - Pharell (plus was mine and Andy's wedding song so makes me smile…… albeit we fell over during our first dance!  My foot caught in my dress, defo not all the champagne!  I promise!!)

My 'Running Favourites' playlist is aprox 2.5 hours long at the moment….. I therefore need to get a fair few tracks on there.  Now this is where you can help…… Please add a comment with a song for me to listen to as I am pounding the streets of London.  Make sure its got a nice fast beat to keep me going.  This is your way, my lovely friends and family, of making sure you are with me spiritually and keeping me motivated through one big flipping long run!!!

www.justgiving.com/samantha-wildman
Just Text Giving SEAL78

4 comments:

Damnyoureyes said...

'Missing' Todd Terry Remix

and then 'Ace Of Spades' -Motorhead for the last 100m ;)

Wifey said...

Thanks Steve :)

Graeme Nash said...

I have given this some thought, and my best suggestion would be... St. Elmo's Fire by John Parr lol This may sound like a cheesy 80s suggestion, but when you turn that tune up and run with it, it's awesome :) Plus, it has a really poignant story behind it http://youtu.be/4sLWNwfuesY. Have a listen.

Unknown said...

That is such an awesome story, the song is on the playlist. I'm putting it in for circa 3.5 hours - this will be the time when I need the motivational boost!