Tuesday 17 November 2009

I Belong In Your Arms

Being the 'Monica' tidy freak I can be at times I happened across a copy of one of the poems we had read out during our wedding ceremony. I decided to add it to the blog as its beautiful and was part of a special day for me and Richie.


I belong in your arms

Finally
I have found a place
Into which
I fit
Perfectly,
Safely,
And securely with no doubts,
No fears,
No sadness, No tears.
This place is filled
With happiness and laughter,
Yet it is spacious enough
To allow me
The freedom to move around,
To live my life
And be myself.
This wonderful place,
Which I never believed
Really existed,
I have found
Finally
Inside your arms,
Inside your heart,
Inside your Love.


I guess when I look back on mine and Richard's relationship I only ever see the good stuff, and therefore this poem is a really good description of how things where for us. However, I guess it doesn't portray the parts which were not always like that! Sometimes we would argue about the most stupid things - whos turn it was to take the rubbish out, the fact that Rich would rather go our crinkled than pick up the iron, whos turn it was to drive so the other could have a drink! All the little things that sometimes niggle each other and cause silly spats (Or a Sammie Seal Strop as Richie and Katy would refer!!). I'd give anything for one of those again, just so I could have the hug when we made up. Never let the sun go down on an argument was Richie's moto, and mostly that was the case!


During his illness we rarely argued, those little things become really insignificant when dealing with cancer and the enormity of what the end picture could look like. I think this should be the way we deal with our relationships, friendships etc to create harmony all of the time! Although I guess that could get a bit boring and theres nothing better than a little spirited fight every now and then!!

No comments: