Tuesday 9 December 2008

Some Initial Arrangements

Before I go into the details I would like to say a massive thank-you to everyone who have left messages, sent cards and for all the phone calls I have been receiving daily. It's times like now that friends and family are needed to lean on and I am blessed to have fantastic friends and an amazing family.

The initial arrangements for Richard's service have been made as follows:-

Wednesday 17th December, 4pm at The Chilterns Cremetorium

Anyone wishing to attend will be more than welcome and I will be arranging somewhere for the celebration of Richard's life afterwards - details will be advised on here once I have everything sorted.

I am requesting that we only have flowers from family and close friends. I hope this does not dissapoint people but I am going to arrange for a charity to be set-up in Richard's name (or Mr Baldy Lymphoma) and the funeral director will collect any donations people may wish to make. They will then transfer the monies to the charity once everything is set-up or we will donate to Cancer Research if this process takes longer than anticipated (I have only made initial research into how to set-up a charity so it may take some time, I'm not sure...... if anyone has any experience of this all advice is welcomed)

Sam

2 comments:

Mark Iverson said...

To Sam & family,

May I say how shocked and deeply saddened I am to hear of Richard's passing.

He had an infectious positive outlook and will be missed by fellow bloggers like myself who've been lucky to cross paths with him.

May any anger and doubt be replaced by love and faith.

My thoughts are with you at this time.

Mark

Anonymous said...

Sam, would like to be there for richard, all my thoughts will be there as doesn't mather the distance .
Send you lots of energy to you and your family .

god bless x
Stéphane xx