Saturday 1 August 2009

Stormtroppers Arrest The Groom!

So the wedding was amazing. The Groom looked very handsome and the bride looked absolutely stunning. Plus the sun shone all day for the celebrations putting the icing on the cake.


Myself and Katy started the morning with a wonderfully leisurely breakfast - a very rare thing for me! Breakfast usually last about the time it takes for Harry to eat his cereal before he zooms off to do something else. Therefore to sit and spend timeover breakfast, read the paper and drink lots of cups of tea was pure bliss!!
After breakfast we began to get ourselves ready for the wedding and then headed off to the Church (fyi driving a TT in heels is a challenge!). We parked the car up and headed into the church. As we walked up the driveway of the Church (is that the correct term? Do churches have driveways? Anyway you get what I mean) 3 stormtroopers walked passed us! We had no idea that there were part of the wedding, we just presumed there was a random fancy dress party happening that afternoon!








We headed into the church and after I was given a brief overview of what I needed to do for my reading by the Vicar we sat down and waited for the bride to arrive.

Sue arrived looking absolutely beautiful and as she walked up the aisle towards Steve it dawned on me that this was the first wedding I had been too since Richie had passed away and I was suddenly very emotional (mixed in with some nerves re standing up to do the reading!)

The reading I had to do was The Lorax by Dr Suess:-

And all that the Lorax left here in this mess
Was a small pile of rocks, with the one word ....
"UNLESS"
Whatever that meant, well, I just couldn't guess.

That was long, long ago.
But each day since that day
I've sat here and worried
and worried away.
Through the years, while my buildings
have fallen apart,
I've worried about it
with all my heart.

"But now," says the Once-ler,
"Now that you're here,
the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear.
UNLESS someone like you
cares a whole awful lot,
nothing is going to get better
It's not.

Plant a new tree. Treat it with care.
Give it clean water. And feed it fresh air.
Grow a forest. Protect it from axes that hack.
Then the Lorax
and all of his friends may come back."


After the service we stood outside and lots of photographs were taken, which is where is became clear the the stormtroopers were associated with the wedding and not just some random dress-up people stalking through the churchyard. Sue had hired the stormtroopers to 'arrest' Steve and accompany him to the church - brilliant!

Steve, Sue, Jack and the Stormtroopers:-


Myself and Katy had to leave the church a little earlier than everyone else as Katy needed a wee and needed one immediately!! I drove to a pub up the road as apparently she wasn't going to make it back to the hotel! However the pub was closed so she had no choice but to hold and run as fast as she could when we got to the hotel! Was very amusing site, a wedding guest tottering as fast as she could in her heels and pretty wedding outfit to the loo!! Hehehe!
Having some pre-dinner drinks sat outside in the sun was lovely, it was a glorious day and there was definitely a little sunburn being created as we had all been fooled into thinking the weather would be rubbish after the previous days continual downpours.
The wedding breakfast was delicious, fantastic food and lovely wine meant we were all a little tipsy!! The speeches were great, albeit Steve's very emotional especially when talking around absent friends. I had a major 'wobble' at this point and had to go release some tears up in my room. Once composed I re-joined the wedding party. The rest of the afternoon/early evening was spent drinking wine and chatting outside on the terrace before the disco started. Then it was boogying all the way!
The following day I had a very sore head, very sore feet and woke-up still in my dress - the cocktail confirming a fabulous day and evening was had the day before.
I would like to wish Steve and Sue every happiness for their marriage and life together. It was a fantastic day guys and I would like to say a big Thank-You for inviting me to celebrate it with you.
Sammie x











No comments: